Saturday, February 23, 2013

Sing it!

Over time, man has experienced many different ways of worshipping their deity. These forms of worship have take various shapes and styles to create unique experiences to honoring that deity. I have embarked on a relatively short journey to try and experience various forms that worship so as to broaden my horizons in how I worship my deity as well as to allow for a better understanding of how others worship their deity.

These first few weeks I have spent specific time singing and playing my guitar. I'm not doing this in front of anyone, except maybe the apartment mates who share the auditory space. This is actually a form of worship that I have been partaking in ever since I learned how to play the guitar. Through it, I can express myself through the singing and music created by the guitar itself.  Through the music, I can get away from the hustle and bustle of everyday life and have time to just play. I don't have to think about it too much which adds to the enjoyment. Just to get lost in the words and the chords allows for a semblance of peace to descend and rest on my shoulders.

Also, taking the time out of what I am doing in a day to pursue God and to view God through a different lens then what I normally do allows for a freshness to my approach to God.

No comments:

Post a Comment